Sunday, June 1, 2008

Kusadasi, Turkey

We took a tour to Ephesus and the Virgin Mary Shrine, where the Virgin Mary lived out her last years. I wasn't too excited about the shrine, but it was actually pretty cool, but very crowded. Ephesus is an ancient city that has only been 20% uncovered. They have an amazing library building and amphitheater. We went back to Kusadasi and I accidentally bought a rug!!! (Ed made me, though.) The hillsides of Turkey were beautiful, really green. It was an unforgettable day!

The ancient library

A burial crypt
The amphitheater. I am standing on the steps, but kind of hard to see
The amphitheater
Stopping for Turkish beer. That's our ship in the background
The Virgin Mary's house
I lit a candle for G
Ephesus ruins

This was the community toilet!
I think this picture is funny!

1 comment:

Shanda Mattsson said...

I like that you lit a candle for G. Those are such beautiful pictures!! Question - how do you "accidentally" buy a rug? haha. I want to see it!