Saturday, May 31, 2008

On May 16 we headed to Dubrovnik, Croatia. I had no idea what to expect, but the city was incredible. The old city is surrounded by high walls, which we climbed and hiked around. It was hot, but afterward we found a cute little seaside bar named Buza, which Dianna had read about, and had a Croatian beer. We could see evidence of the 1991 Bosnian war, houses still in rubble and a few places where we could see a mortar had hit. I loved the way people hung their clothes on the lines outside their windows. A few photos:

Cafe BuzaA cannon on the old walls
From the top of the wall. I love the roofs!
From the old walls
You can see part of the wall here




2 comments:

Shanda Mattsson said...

That is amazing! I love that all the roofs look the same. IT looks like a wonderful place to spend time.

The Blakes said...

Cafe buza looks like a ton of fun! Especially being right on the water. I love the picture of the canon through the old wall. Pretty cool!